The JCT Young Professionals Group (YPG) welcomes its members from all sectors of the construction industry and from all backgrounds. In order to keep the group and our discussions productive, the group rules contain some general guidelines so that individuals know what is expected of them when they become YPG members. The use of the rules is to help set the tone for the group and help prevent any unwarranted conflicts.
1. Be kind and courteous
- We are working together to create a welcoming, productive, and useful environment. Treat members with respect. Healthy debates are natural and encouraged, but kindness is required.
2. No discriminatory speech or bullying
- Bullying of any kind is forbidden. Offensive or discriminatory comments directed towards individuals about their race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated. Memberships will be revoked for bullying behaviour at the discretion of the JCT Team
3. No promotions or spam
- We welcome relevant contributions from all members, especially in topics where you have expertise to share with others. Self-promotions, spam and irrelevant links however are not allowed.
4. Respect everyone’s privacy
- Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions will make the group thrive, but may also be sensitive and private. Content and opinions shared within the group in good faith should stay in the group.